You really can’t go wrong with Lou Rawls belting out some soulful Christmas tuneage.
I know it’s easy and rather trite to wax nostalgic for the 1950s, but c’mon — look at this. NuTone cared enough about their company’s presentation that they commissioned this fantastic illustration for their instruction manual/recipe book. Few companies even put this much thought into their TV commercials anymore.
My Top 10 Albums of 2013
In case anyone cares, and in no particular order….
1. Queens of the Stone Age, …Like Clockwork
2. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
3. Eisley, Currents
4. Goldfrapp, Tales of Us
5. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP2
6. Ghost, If You Have Ghost EP
7. Paul McCartney, NEW
8. Cherry Poppin’ Daddies, White Teeth, Black Thoughts
9. Röyksopp, Late Night Tales
10. Kenny Vance and the Planotones, Acapella